Saturday, July 16, 2011

Clean up

My husband is in Joplin now helping with the debris clean up from the tornado.  It's
an amazingly sad process. Not in the way one would think.  

They have people doing the labor, people to watch the people doing the labor,
and people to watch the people who are watching the people doing the labor.  
It's a sad day when you can't trust the people who sign up to help a city recover 
from a devastating tornado. 

What those heavy machines are doing is cleaning up the rubble of what
used to be people's homes and businesses. That's the true sad part.  
It's hard to believe that there are fellow Americans who try to steal from
other Americans in a time of disaster.

My only hope is that there will be a time when those people that can not be
trusted will be in a situation that they need help and need mercy from others.
That's when I hope they will learn mercy.  I hope they will be humbled and
realize that what they did to others was wrong.

In the meantime, I will be thankful for my husband, Brent, and all the other good
people who go to help others after a disaster strikes. They are the teachers of
mercy.

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment