Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10, 2011 A new Journey

A new journey for me; a blog.  Do I have anything more important to say that anyone else? Probably not. But, my life is important to me and there are a lot of changes going on in my life right now; so I've decided to write.  I find that often people write when life isn't going well; this isn't the case for me. I am in the best place I have ever been in my life. My children are healthy and good people. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. His children are healthy and good people.  

Why did I choose the title "Moving Mercy"?  I looked up the definition of mercy and found it to say: 1. Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power; clemency.
    2. A disposition to be kind and forgiving.
    3. Something for which to be thankful; a blessing.
    4. Alleviation of distress; relief.
        (www.thefreedictionary.com)

The word mercy seemed to fit what I was feeling. I was feeling so thankful, so blessed. Additionally, in our world today, I hear and read so much judgement upon others and I liked the words "a disposition to be kind and forgiving".  The moving part is that I want to show mercy to others and perhaps they will be inclined to move mercy on to others.

Today, I watched the movie "In Her Shoes" with Cameron Diaz and Toni Collette.  (It's about the 3rd or 4th time I've watched it.)  It shows how people can show mercy to each other even after years of hurt and painful actions.  Forgiveness is powerful; especially forgiving yourself.  At the end of the movie, Maggie (Diaz) reads this poem by e.e. cummings: I Carry Your Heart

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it
and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling
i fear no fate (for you are my fate,my sweet)
anywhere i go you go, my dear; 
i want no world (for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

I dedicate this first post to my love, my husband.  
I carry your heart in my heart, forever.

Be well, be kind to each other, and I hope that you have someone in your life
that you carry their heart in your heart with love and mercy.
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment