Saturday, August 13, 2011

Taking a leap

For some time now, I have a friend and colleague who has been encouraging me to
make a leap of faith and start a new career.  The current economy is making it harder
and harder to stay in the land of non-profit organizations and work in my field;
I'm not sure why I'm still hanging on.

Helping others talk about and take steps towards change comes naturally for me,
but I find it somewhat hypocritical that I am hesitant to do it myself.  After all, in an
earlier blog didn't I list the changes that have occurred in my life just recently?
What is the difference? Well, the big difference is that a career change means uncertain
income.  I have responsibilities and obligations to meet and what if the new leap of faith
doesn't help me met those? What if I'm not successful?

Well, what if the new path exceeds those responsibilities and obligations?  My own
daughter is a prime example.  She created her own business, is highly competent in her
delivery and is extremely successful. She dove in and made it work and her business is still growing.

I know that I am coming closer to the day when I will be ready to make the leap.  But first,
I have to fully convince myself that I have something worthwhile to offer people AND get
paid a livable income to do it.  Now, that's the secret for us all, isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment