Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wear boots

I commented on my FB page that I hoped that today would be a better day.  A friend of
mine then texted me and asked what was up and I told her I was tired of dealing with
two faced people and their c*ap.  Her reply was priceless, "C*ap is everywhere, wear boots!"
I had let my guard down and forgot my boots so someone else's drama got the best of me.
It got me to thinking, at what point to we say to these people that you've had enough of their
c*ap and call them on it?  Here's some of my ideas:
1.  When they try to take credit for your work.
2.  When they try to pretend that they know everything.
3.  When they throw you under the "bus" to someone else; refer to #1, and #2.
4.  When protocol isn't followed and they get by with it.
5.  When it starts affecting your sleep.
6.  When they state how gloriously happy they are.
7.  When they have no clue how stupid they sound and look.
8.  When they try to make me look or sound stupid.
9.  When they try to make it look like I haven't done my job.
10.  Just because of all of the above.

Then I ask myself, "what good would it do?"  I might feel better, yes.  Would it help
my career? Probably not.  So for now, the best advice I got is "to wear boots".
Because c*ap happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment